Assisting you in your search for an agent or publisher— including personal referrals (phone calls, or letters written on your behalf)
- Concise or thorough manuscript critique per your needs.
- Info on all phases of the publishing process from first ms. draft to published copy.
- Recognize and fix the problems in a manuscript that has had several rejections.
- How to write a powerful, convincing proposal.
- How to write a persuasive cover letter that will catch an Acquisition Editor’s eye.
- Tailoring your concept to what agents and editors are looking for in today’s market.
- Finding the right publisher for your genre. How to get an agent interested in your manuscript.
- How to make yourself as valuable as your manuscript to a publisher.
- Referrals to agents and publishers
- Reviewing your author/publisher contract for “red flags.”
- Understanding the “subsidiary rights” clauses in your contract.
- When and how to try to negotiate a better deal for yourself.
- Advice on selling the various rights that are available. Negotiating intricate foreign licensing deals.
- Determining if self-publishing is right for you.
- How to make self-publishing profitable for you.
- Helping you write eye-catching Press Releases
- The most efficient and successful ways to promote your book.
- Developing lucrative product spin-offs or sidelines from your book.
- Suggestions on practical and affordable ways to self-publish.
The Writing Process:
- Overcoming various degrees of writer’s block.
- Developing a unique and dynamic writing style.
- Suggestions for promoting your book.
- What works best, and what is a waste of time.
- Old school: book signings, radio/TV interviews, magazines & newspapers.
- New wave: social media.
- How to get prominent others to promote your book.
- Generating word-of-mouth.
- In sum, the answer to just about any publishing question or concern.
For a FREE 15 minute consultation, call (310) 479-1496 or email email@example.com.