Editorial Director / Creative Writer / Production Manager / Director of Marketing & Publicity
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
NONFICTION: Autobiography / Biography / Business / How To / Education / Health & Nutrition / Humor & Cartoon / New Age & Inspirational / Parenting / Psychology / Self-Help / Science & Environment / Sports & Fitness.
FICTION: Action & Adventure / Contemporary / Family Saga / Historical Narrative / Humor & Satire / Mystery / Sci-fi Thrillers / Suspense Dramas / Short Stories
- Assisting authors through all phases of the editorial process (including personal rewrites on major sections of text to strengthen material).
- Reorganization of entire manuscripts for continuity and clarity.
- Concise and unambiguous recommendations for rewrites.
- Expedient guidelines for authors to improve their writing skills.
- Effective techniques for: overcoming writer’s block / developing a unique and dynamic writing style.
POST PRODUCTION SKILLS
- Planning all phases of marketing and P.R.
- Write media copy and press releases.
- Coordinate media campaigns.
- Developing product spin-offs.
- Possess a keen eye for style, spelling, grammar, consistency, and clarity.
- Skilled in copy, substantive, and developmental editing.
- Meticulous, analytical, with superior writing skills.
- Organized, efficient, flexible, patient and diplomatic.
- Skilled in prioritizing, cost control and time management.
- Effective in personal and public relations, and delegation.
- Comfortable working with people at all levels.
- Sensitive to a writer’s problems.
- Completely honest critique—not pacification.
- Dedicated to producing timely results.
BOOK PRODUCTION SKILLS
- Managing all book production facets (manuscript selection through delivery to press).
- Innovative cover design & interior layouts.
- Create art concepts for illustrators. * Coordinate all facets of book production to insure quality control.
- Schedule and assign priorities for projects.
- Lead and manage design and production teams.
PUBLISHED OR PRODUCED WORKS
- Seven Humor books.
- Five Self-Help books.
- Eight spoken word audio cassettes.
- Twenty-nine ghostwritten fiction & nonfiction works, including screenplays (titles unavailable per confidentiality agreements).
- Misc. magazine articles, public speeches, promotional brochures, TV and theatrical sketches, professional stand-up comedy material, advertising copy and commercials.
- Bachelor of Arts, English; Wayne State College and Nebraska University (1971).
- American Booksellers Association.
- Publishers Marketing Association.
- Scriptwriters Network.
- Panelist with Southern California Writing Conferences.
- Moderator & panelist with IWOSC (Independent Writers Of Southern California).